Programming the EMC2 board

Available to be read by all.
Timoteo

Re: Programming the EMC2 board

Postby Timoteo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi Francois,

Im glad it works fine.

Carl, answering your question about the LEDs on the EMC2 board (what we talked about in Trondheim):

There are four LEDs onboard (LED1,LED2,LED3,LED4), four LEDs on the SEIC extension (LED1 peripheral, electrically related to the 4 onboard*), and two more at the Ethernet peripheral(PHY_LED1,PHY_LED2).

So:

LEDs onboard:
2 of them are accessible from the FPGA, loc U18, U19. The other 2 are NOT accessible directly from the FPGA. Why? I told you there were electrical reasons, which I didnt remember. Looking through the PCB, they seem to be connected to the PEX switch for the PCI express interface. They can be used with a previous configuration of the PEX, allowing the chip to use the GPIO 8 and 9.

*The 2 that are accessible (U18,U19 pins of the FPGA), are related through a transistor to the LEDs at the SEIC extension board, (two top LEDS on LED1 peripheral).

SEIC extension board:
The LEDs with locations AB18, AB19 in the FPGA, are the PHY_LED1, PHY_LED2, you can see them at the Ethernet port.

I hope this clarifies better which LEDs you can use, and how.

Regards,

Timoteo

Carl_Ehrenstrahle

Postby Carl_Ehrenstrahle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi,

My issue was a faulty JTAG cable. The board seems to work fine with the LED test bit file that Timoteo made.

Thanks,
Carl

Ahmed_Sadek

Postby Ahmed_Sadek » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:57 am

Hi,

A problem figured out related to the Tulipp Ultrascale+ board. The Ultrascale+ PS has 2 SDcard peripherals (SD_0, SD_1). The Tulipp MPSoC uses the SD_1, not the SD_0.
On selecting SD_0 you get an error "no volume exist". only the SD_1 is working. It seems that the other SDcard reader is not connected to the board.

Thanks,
Ahmad Sadek

Return to “FAQ about Tulipp Development Platform”