Will the upcoming ultra scale version of the tulipp board support the camera link interface?

Available to be read by all.
Matthias_Kollmann

Will the upcoming ultra scale version of the tulipp board support the camera link interface?

Postby Matthias_Kollmann » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 am

The current version of the tulipp board (zynq 7030) does not support the dual camera link interface due to the lack of high-range banks. Will the ultra scale version of the tulipp board have this banks available, so that the camera link interface ist supported?

regards
Matthias

Timoteo

Re: Will the upcoming ultra scale version of the tulipp board support the camera link interface?

Postby Timoteo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Matthias_Kollmann wrote:The current version of the tulipp board (zynq 7030) does not support the dual camera link interface due to the lack of high-range banks. Will the ultra scale version of the tulipp board have this banks available, so that the camera link interface ist supported?

regards
Matthias

Hi Matthias,

The Ultra scale module has only HP banks available. -> up to 2.5V
I think Carl's problem with the camera link application to use the 7030 was the requirement of the camera to use 2.5V, when that was incompatible with LVDS25 and LVDS (2.5 and 1.8V) being inputs/outputs.
It is very important to check the interface and the camera before choosing hardware, or viceversa.

I don't remember exactly what the incompatibility was for the 7030, but it's something I can look into.
EDIT: By the way, if you have the project for 7015, and try to migrate it to 7030, and find errors when implementing, due to the incompatibility, what you can do as a fast test is targeting ZU3EG, and see if Vivado prompts the same error.

Timoteo

Return to “FAQ about Tulipp Development Platform”